Diego has arrived!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Entering the home "stretch"

As of Monday I will be 30 weeks pregnant, and only have about 10 weeks to go until we meet our little boy. We are so excited! The picture on the right is from last week, at the 29 week mark. I feel bigger, and I know I AM bigger, but I was blown away to see this picture up against the 18 week pic! Wow, Baby C is really growing! He is kicking as I write this, we are listening to one of his favorite songs - "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys. It comes up on my Zune as I drive to school and when I sing along he moves and groves. Maybe it will help when he's feeling fussy some day.


The baby's brain is one of the organs that will continue to develop until the day he is born. Over this last week it has gotten too big for his little head, and therefore it has had to add the wrinkles that are so characteristic of the human brain. Before last week different groups of tissue followed by his spleen were in charge of creating red blood cells. At this point his bone marrow has taken over, and this change means that he will be better equipt to thrive when he is born.

"Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be." ~Carrie Fischer

1 comment:

  1. Joie, you're so cute! Can't wait to meet your little guy as well (and finally know his name).

    ReplyDelete