Diego has arrived!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My baby is already how long???

"To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and undoutedly inhabited."

~Anne Buchanan and Debra Klingsporn


I read this quote and thought of my little Baby C kicking and wiggling his way into week 30. I will be 29 weeks pregnant on Monday, Jan. 25 and space is getting cramped for our little guy. I read that the kicks I feel are mostly from elbows and knees. I wonder which of the two I can feel poking out around what was once my navel... The baby is about 17 inches long, which amazes me. He actually won't get much longer, he'll just put on weight between now and his debut. He should triple his current weight which is supposed to be somewhere around three pounds.


My most recent bout of nesting included unpacking children's books passed down from our niece and nephew. It was fun to find favorites like "The Runaway Bunny" and "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." We are both looking forward to story time when our little one arrives. My mom told me that she and my dad used to "fight" over who got to read to my brother and me. :)


Vinnie's first week of the semester went really well. He's taking Math and Communications, and both classes so far are interesting for him. He's excited about how well the math is going. His homework is submitted online where he receives instant feedback, so he knows he's had some success thus far. In addition to starting classes, this week he was involved in an Aikido demonstration at the YMCA. His friend, Blake, is working to set up a dojo there. It went extremely well and generated lots of interest. The baby jumped around whenever anyone fell or rolled!


I can't believe how much needs to happen at school before I leave. Everyone please cross your fingers that the district hires the sub I have lined up for choir. There is a hiring freeze, so we've hit a snag, and I really want someone qualified and energetic to handle my program while I'm away. The good news is that both of my principals are extremely supportive and willing to help me in any way they can. I am lucky to work in a profession where children are so valued, and with administrators who are also parents and therefore deeply understand what I'm about to experience.

I've had extremely strange dreams throughout my pregnancy, and this week was no exception. I dreamed that I met and held the baby, but I couldn't see his face. I also dreamed that Vinnie moved out and decided to live in a motor home, which gave us both a good laugh! He promises not to let that one come true. My friend, Josie, dreamed early in her pregnancy that a section of her marching band became zombies and started eating the rest of the band. I think she wins the prize, don't you?

Pictures have been requested, but I haven't taken one in a couple of weeks. I'll get on that and give you guys a 30 week picture next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment