Diego has arrived!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Guest room becomes nursery...

Today we bought a crib! With assistance from Christmas (gift cards from Vinnie's mom and my parents) as well as a killer coupon my mom snagged, we were able to get a $350 convertible crib with changing table for $121.00! With my brother's help we were able to get it up the stairs and into our former guest room, which is now the nursery. Thanks, family! I should also thank Vinnie for his phenomenal patience while I debated between two different models. :) I have a feeling that it will be a while before it's assembled because Vinnie is working extremely hard to finish his winter class, and I (let's be honest) stink at putting furniture together. However, just seeing the box in the baby's room is a joyful thing.

We are looking forward to our appointment with Dr. Archibald on Thursday. There isn't anything particular happening at this one, just hearing that precious heartbeat again. I have yet to have my belly measured and all the books say I should have by now. I think it's because we've had ultrasounds at the last two visits and they were able to measure the baby that way. It will be interesting to see if I get measured this time around, especially because we're curious to see if Baby C has been keeping up with his advanced growth.

Last week I signed us up for our childbirth education class, which will take place in March on a Saturday. We are set for a class that takes all day rather than a series of evenings - this will really help with the hectic schedule we have coming up. We'll get to tour parts of the hospital, but not the mother-baby wing due to the flu risk. We must keep those new precious ones healthy!

This past week my friend and co-worker, Josie, learned that she is having a baby girl! The name search for her little one has now begun. We had a good laugh because our students have been joking that our children are going to grow up and get married. Now that we know Baby Call is a girl, the kids' fire has been fueled. Silly highschoolers!

I'm looking forward to this week at school because I spent all of last week sick with a cold. Unfortunately, you can't take anything to help with the symptoms when you're expecting, so it was definitely a long week. It will be great to feel back on my game for the kids' finals. Wish Vinnie luck as he finishes his last week of the winter intersession! He has a test on Monday, a group project on Tuesday, and the final on Friday. Can you believe he has to take his first test back at school on his birthday (Monday)? With my summer birthday, I find that to be shocking and upsetting!

No comments:

Post a Comment