Diego has arrived!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Go Team Safari!

Tomorrow is our 8-month check up with Dr. Archibald, even though we don't officially hit the 8 month mark until Monday. After that, we will see him every two weeks. I have to say that I'm not loving the leg and foot cramps I've been getting, so I plan to ask about some additional supplements that I've heard might help. Other than that, I'm feeling good and getting bigger.

The baby now weighs somewhere around 4 pounds and is between fifteen and seventeen inches tall. I've read that at 30 weeks babies in utero have short term memory, and at 34 weeks they are able to recall information. I find it hard to believe that such a complex and amazing little person is growing inside me. His skeleton is turning from cartilage into solid bone, which definitely explains the increasing strength of his kicks! Last night he was playing with his papa - reacting to little taps on my belly by pushing outwards in response. We had fun picking a nursery theme this past weekend: jungle animals playing sports! It's officially called "Team Safari," which I love.

We are feeling the time crunch when it comes to our list of names, but so far none are jumping off the page at us. If you have any suggestions that you think we should consider, leave them as a comment on the blog or send them to me via e-mail (joiecariaga@gmail.com). I'm tired of looking online, so I turn to all of you!

I have seven weeks left at school, and so much to do in that small amount of time. I am extremely happy to report that my subsititute has been approved, so a big thank you for all of the positive thoughts and prayers that I heard you were sending our way! It's a huge relief to know that my program will be in the capable hands of someone who cares about my students as much as I do.

Vinnie is rockin' it at BSU, and getting awesome grades. Baby C and I are so proud!

Have a great Valentine's Day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you're almost at 8 months! Soooo exciting!

    I really like alliterated names. Have you guys looked into C names for boys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a few of those on our list - Cavan, Quinn (Q, but it works!), and Corbin. :)

    ReplyDelete