After today's appointment with Dr. Archibald we have an estimate for Baby C's current and birth weight. He thinks our little one is about 6 pounds right now and will be in the high 7's or low 8's if I go for the full 40 weeks. This is the average for full-term babies according to our doctor and I can't wait to tell that to the next checker who asks me at the grocery store! :) The baby is still in a head-down position (YAY!) but hasn't dropped yet which is great. Dr. A said "He's not ready yet, he likes it in there." My response was, "That's great because I have a lot of accomplish in the next two weeks!"
I had some light contractions on Sunday that prompted me to write a plan for school entitled "If I go into labor tonight..." I feel much better having that taken care of because I realized that although I am ready for my subs, I am ready for them on April 4th and not whenever the baby decides to make his debut. I have several friends whose babies were early, and a family friend whose baby decided arrive while she was grading papers and didn't have a sub lined up. (The principal taught her classes!) These stories made me realize that although the doctor doesn't expect this little one to be early, it never hurts to be prepared.
We have our all-day birth class this Saturday. Although I am not looking forward to the early morning on my day off, I am definitely looking forward to information. After all the books and online articles I've read Vinnie can't imagine what information I could possibly want. However, in this situation, the more I know, the better I feel.
We got our taxes done today by the sweetest older gentleman at H&R Block named Melvin. He was the best and we feel so good getting that taken care of. Bless his heart, he didn't notice that I am pregnant! I loved him, needless to say.
My three students are headed to Seattle tomorrow for the All Northwest Honor Choirs at the American Choral Directors Association Conference. I am incredibly glad I made the decision not to drive up there with Vinnie, but I will miss the conference that is always so inspiring. I am also very sad to miss the girls' concerts. This is the first year I haven't been able to cheer them on in person and I am so proud of their accomplishments. Melissa, one of the freshmen my first year at SHS, realized that between this and All State we only have two more rehearsals together. This realization was very sad for me as I have some very dear students leaving this year. They were the first students who were only "mine" and didn't have the previous teacher, so they are special. I have both a sense of relief and one of loss as I get ready to go on maternity leave, it is extremely bittersweet. My last day with students is our day at festival and I just hope I can keep it together on stage without bursting into tears. (The hormones REALLY don't help.) Ten days left at school, crazy.
We are now on to weekly appointments and everything is speeding up. We'll keep you updated on Baby C as we anticipate his arrival!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment