On Tuesday, some friends at Skyview threw me, Josie and Anne (a science teacher here) a joint baby shower. Hailey put it all together with help from Kellie and Amy. Josie, on my left, is having a baby girl in May. Josie is on my left, her baby girl is due in May. Anne's twin boys are due any day! In fact, we weren't sure whether or not she would be able to make it to the shower!
Hailey did such a cute job with the decorations! The theme was "Sweet Pea" so the lounge was covered in yellow and green. Debbie Boone, a reading teacher here, made two incredible cakes for us: one chocolate, and one white with lemon filling. Good thing I have a newfound appreciation for sweets - I blame Baby C.
Of course, the joke at school all years has been "Don't drink the water!" We also had two male teachers whose wives had babies in February, and one whose wife will deliver in June. It's the year for baby hawks!

Unfortunately, being 8.5 months pregnant (as I currently am) does NOT mean you have two weeks to go. Since pregnancy is 40 weeks, I have a little under 6 weeks until my due date. However, if Baby C were born now he would have a 99% chance of surviving without assistance because all of his major developing is done. From now on he is growing (in weight, not length) and his brain will continue to develop.
I had a fabulous time visiting with friends this weekend (two from out of town!) and nesting. Now, if we could just get the items currently stored in the nursery to a new location, we would be set! Baby C is packed for the hospital, and my goal is to have myself packed by this weekend. It feels great to get all these things taken care of.
This weekend my godmother, Kathy, is coming to town. She said she wanted to see me pregnant, and then she'll return in the summer to meet Baby C. Saturday is also my grandparents' anniversary, this month is full of fun stuff!
This Friday and Saturday are the last nights of our musical. The show went well last weekend, and the kids and I are looking forward to the end of the run because we are all exhausted! Next week I have three students traveling to All Northwest in Seattle. I am very proud of myself for deciding not to attend (I would have driven with Vinnie) and taking that off my plate. The kids are being chaperoned by a parent who is also a Skyview administrator, so it all worked out really well. We are now four weeks away from festival, which also means four weeks from my maternity leave. I find it hard to believe, but the excitement is definitely building.
Our next appointment is a week from today, after which we will begin going in every week. Saturday, March 13 is our birth class at St. Luke's. We decided to get it all done in one fell swoop rather than 6 Monday nights. I've been given some great advice by friends who have recently had babies and appreciate them so much!
I had a fabulous time visiting with friends this weekend (two from out of town!) and nesting. Now, if we could just get the items currently stored in the nursery to a new location, we would be set! Baby C is packed for the hospital, and my goal is to have myself packed by this weekend. It feels great to get all these things taken care of.
This weekend my godmother, Kathy, is coming to town. She said she wanted to see me pregnant, and then she'll return in the summer to meet Baby C. Saturday is also my grandparents' anniversary, this month is full of fun stuff!
This Friday and Saturday are the last nights of our musical. The show went well last weekend, and the kids and I are looking forward to the end of the run because we are all exhausted! Next week I have three students traveling to All Northwest in Seattle. I am very proud of myself for deciding not to attend (I would have driven with Vinnie) and taking that off my plate. The kids are being chaperoned by a parent who is also a Skyview administrator, so it all worked out really well. We are now four weeks away from festival, which also means four weeks from my maternity leave. I find it hard to believe, but the excitement is definitely building.
Our next appointment is a week from today, after which we will begin going in every week. Saturday, March 13 is our birth class at St. Luke's. We decided to get it all done in one fell swoop rather than 6 Monday nights. I've been given some great advice by friends who have recently had babies and appreciate them so much!
Baby C had his first bought of the hiccoughs on Tuesday night. It was the cutest thing! I guess he takes after his Mama on this one...
No comments:
Post a Comment