We had a wonderful time in Sun Valley this weekend, and found the cutest little plush monkey that doubles as a blanket. It's a bit of a challenge to find gender-neutral items for the baby, we couldn't resist buying a little souvenir from our get-away for the peach.
This week marks the beginning of my second trimester, and they say this is the most comfortable of the three. (That sounds perfect for the holiday season which is my busiest at school.) I am in week 14, and from here on out the baby will just keep getting bigger and bigger. All the major organs are in place, and even functioning although some, like the lungs and digestive tract, are just practicing for their debut outside the womb. I'm excited for week 20 when the baby's hearing mechanism will be fully developed.
Now that we have a date for that all-important second ultrasound, we have a plan to share with you. We're going to ask our ultrasound technician to keep the gender a secret, but write it down for us in a sealed enveloped. We're going to take it to a bakery and ask them to bake pink or blue cupcakes depending on what the envelope holds. Then on November 21st at one we're going to have a no-host lunch at the Idaho Pizza Company on Fairview in Boise - they have a great buffet that I loved even before I was pregant. :) After we eat some pizza, we'll break into the cupcakes. If they're blue we're having a boy, and if they're pink we're having a girl. Seven weeks and counting until we can put the poll to rest.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey cutie! I found your blog thanks to your post on facebook. I LOVE the idea of finding out! Sounds very exciting. Good luck with the second trimester. It's fun to finally feel the little critter moving around! Check out our blog and keep intouch!
ReplyDelete