Diego has arrived!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Dance, baby, dance!

Our biggest news this week is that I felt the baby move for the first time a few days ago, but had started second guessing myself when I didn't feel it again. That is, until my concert on Thursday night. As I sat at the piano and my largest choir sang a gospel song "He Never Failed Me Yet" I could feel unmistakable "dancing" from Baby C. It continued for the entire song, and the rest of the evening. As I said on facebook, we either have a singer or a breakdancer on our hands! Ever since, the baby has been moving and shaking.

Our third doctor's appointment went well on Wednesday, with the baby's heartbeat at 155 beats per minute. Last time, I'd had a cheese enchilada before my appointment and my doctor teased that the baby must have liked whatever I had eaten because the heartbeat was fast that day. We are so excited for the next visit which will be our twenty week ultrasound on November 16. It will be so cool to see how our baby has grown since his or her first portrait. As of Monday, October 26 I will be 4 months pregnant, and the second trimester is treating us well.

This weekend is for relaxing, with no school events! I figured a concert and a festival in the same week was enough, so I'm declaring this weekend a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment