Today was the big day! Our little one was movin' and shakin' all during the ultrasound, so much so that Jen (the technician) had to take pictures from non-standard angles. Dr. Archibald said that as he looked through the film, almost every picture was strangely oriented and he got a kick out it. Jen had to look four different times to determine the baby's gender because the baby is in a breach position at the moment (head up, bottom down). Luckily, she did get a good angle on the fourth try, so the Pink and Blue Party is a GO! We were really worried there that it might have just been a pizza party without a fun reveal.
Everything looks great with our little one. Ten fingers, ten toes, as well as good brain and organ development. Dr. A says he or she is nine days ahead of schedule for growth, weighing in at eleven ounces. The quote was "it's a cute little thing with a big head!" Vinnie says the doctor used the term "funny-looking" but I swear I remember "cute." :)
We have another ultrasound at our next visit on December 15th. Jen wasn't able to see the heart, get the baby's profile, or see the lips due to the baby's angle. We'll get to see our little one with four more weeks of growth.
Stay tuned for Saturday's big surprise!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am really excited for you guys! And I will be there ready to eat PINK or BLUE cupcakes! yayayayayyay!
ReplyDelete